Our client a well know and highly respected local charity is look for a part-time Assistant Store Manager to join their team in their Retail Shop in Marlborough.
It is a requirement of this position, that the post holder covers the shop in the absence of the Shop Manager. This means, that full time hours will be necessary when the manager is away on annual leave or sick leave.
The prime purpose is in the absence of the Shop Manager, the postholder is responsible for ensuring the efficient and compliant day to day operation of the shop, through effective management of own and volunteer resources.
A key element will be to provide supervision and support to all shop volunteers.
Another crucial aspect will be to ensure adequate volunteer cover is in place during opening hours, managing a rota arrangement across all volunteers.
Responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- Effectively manage and display stock in order to maximise footfall and sales.
- Contribute to the development of ideas for new promotions and other improvements to presentation and retail practice.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation relating to cash handling is processed and that all discrepancies are investigated and documented.
- Undertake daily till and safe reconciliation and banking.
- Attend all training courses and meetings as directed by the Shop Manager, relaying relevant information to all shop volunteers.
- Manage the housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Comply with Prospect’s Policies and Procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable task as directed by the Head of Retail, Area Manager or Shop Manager as may be deemed appropriate within the scope of the job.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• An understanding of the Retail and Charity/Volunteer based sectors.
• Knowledge of the Trading Standards requirements in relation to the sale of goods and consumer rights.
• Hold, or be prepared to achieve, a current qualification or certificate in First Aid.
• Awareness of and compliance with the Health and Safety act legislation and requirements.
• Proven retail experience, including some supervision of staff, ideally gained within the Retail or Voluntary sectors.
• Experience in effective stock control management and product display design.
• Accurate cash management skills and effective shop security knowledge.
• Ability to create an excellent front of house impression for our customers.
• Acts as a positive ambassador for the Hospice.
• A team player, experienced in delivering accurate work on a timely basis in order to ensure team success.
• Has a flexible attitude with a desire to ensure that we provide an excellent service and plays a key part in that delivery.
This is a permanent, part time role (20.5 hours per week) paying £8.06 per hour (£15,760 FTE).