To provide a comprehensive, credit control service to meet business needs, supporting the organisation to achieve the goals as laid out in the business plan
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Ensuring that managers and partners/directors receive an appropriate level of service to meet their business needs by:
- Allocating incoming monies against the correct client’s fee account.
- Producing reports to assist with the management of outstanding fees ledger balances.
- Working with the Management Accountant, follow the agreed procedures up to and including county court action to ensure eventual payment of outstanding or difficult to collect debts, making personal contact with client/companies as appropriate.
- Producing all documentation necessary to be sent to clients to ensure payment of outstanding accounts.
- Providing any required information to the management accountant for the production of management reports.
- Producing documents and reports to expected standards using Word, IRIS, Excel, SC5 and Q&A.
- Producing all required information to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Providing cover within the admin team as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal across a range of audiences
- Interpersonal skills to gain credibility internally and with clients.
- Good customer care skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines – planning, diary management, department systems set up and maintenance
- Ability to prepare and present information and reports to various audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to take a problem-solving approach – to analyse information and situations and generate reasoned recommendations for discussion with more senior staff.
Disposition & Attitude
- Positive and outgoing
- Self-sufficient when necessary and able to work alone for periods of time
- Pro-active and willing to take responsibility for own areas of work – not waiting to be asked to undertake key responsibilities
- Tact and diplomacy – able to explain issues to colleagues, partners & clients
- Organised, methodical, detail conscious
- Self-confident and able to demonstrate effective use of personal judgement
- Flexibility – able to deal with changing priorities, deadlines and circumstances, willing to work with others
- Discreet and confidential – able to stand their ground where necessary regarding queries from others
Education & Qualifications
- A Good standard of general education, including GSCEs C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Previous Credit Control experience.
- IT-literate – Microsoft Office, accounts and other packages.
Immediate start, 20 hours per week, 3-4 months