Field Recruitment’s client of International recognition within the Facilities Management field are now seeking Fire Risk Assessor to join their team.
- Extended Fire Safety experience with a sound knowledge of current fire safety guides, codes of practice, building standards and construction legislation
- Chartered fire Engineer – Member/technician status with recognised bodies such as IFSM/IFPO/IFE
- Hold, have held or eligible to apply for security clearance (CTC)
- Working knowledge of PAS 79 and BAFE ‘SP205’
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate or NEBOSH Fire Conversion or equivalent
Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of the Fire risk to Buildings and the remedial actions arising from an audit.
- Experience of working in commercial or government asset portfolios including infrastructure.
- Quality management system ISO9001
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Proven client facing skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider team.
- Good communication, numeracy and presentation skills.
- Good written communication skills including report writing.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An eye for detail
- Experience of working in a secure environment
Reporting to the Life Cycle & FWP Lead complete Fire Risk Assessments (FRA’s) across the client estate and provide recommendations on remedial works required to ensure these are in line with current standards, statutory requirements and KBR management processes and procedures.
- Conduct FRA’s across the nationwide estate to ensure the FRA’s are completed within the required timeframe.
- The role will be assisted by a leading edge IT system designed for assessment management will involve conducting suitable and sufficient fire risk assessments, audits, and investigations in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Provide advice to the CLIENT on FRA and ongoing recommendations and actions
- Work with the Life Cycle & FWP Lead to provide required technical advice to the CLIENT on the fire risk and recommendations.
- Liaise with the CLIENT to ensure all works changes are provided to update the asset data base.
- Manage the business interface with the Supply Chain with regards to FRA.
- Assist with Updated the Forward Works / Lifecycle Plan with data from the Fire risk assessments
- Ad hoc duties as may be deemed necessary