Field Recruitment are currently working with a well-known family owned Funeral Directors based in Swindon who have an excellent reputation in the industry. Their funeral services play an important role in local community, extending beyond the immediate needs of arranging funeral services, and supporting the bereaved at a very emotional time in their life.
If you take pride in what you do, and are passionate about helping people, then this is the perfect company for you to join.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Funeral Trade:-
- Taking responsibility for the deceased whilst they’re in our care.
- Collection of deceased from hospitals, nursing homes and private addresses
- Driving hearse and limousines on funerals
- Bearing on funerals
- Preparation / dressing of the Deceased
- Cleaning vehicles to ensure pristine condition
- General maintenance of properties (during quieter periods)
- Journey work for removal of deceased
- You’ll be lifting and carrying the deceased in a range of environments, so you’ll need to be physically fit to do this
- Empathetic with a caring nature
- Excellent communication skills
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Smart and professional appearance at all times
- Driving license essential (both manual and automatic)
Due to the nature of the business we are looking for candidates that will have a flexible approach to work
- Normal hours are 8.00am – 4.30pm Monday – Friday
- Additional hours to include 1 evening per week / 1 in 4 weekend / Bank Holidays on a rota basis and cover for sickness / holidays.