Our client, Nationwide Building Society, is the world’s largest building society. Community is at the heart of everything they do, and their aim is to do the right thing for their members which helps set them apart from their competitors
On behalf of Nationwide, Field Recruitment are looking for a HR Business Partner to join their People & Culture Team on a 9 month Fixed-term Contract based at their Swindon Head Office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within the HR Business Partnering team to support the business with developing and delivering the Society-wide people strategy. The role holder will support their wider communities with achieving their objectives through strategic partnering with senior leadership teams.
Flexible Working: All of their staff have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that this brings is something colleagues and members value. Nationwide recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so are delighted to welcome applications for this role on a full-time hour’s basis or on a flexible working basis.
Salary up to £61,201 a year (dependent on experience), plus company car or car cash allowance
Based at Swindon H.Q.
What our client is looking for
- – Experience of working as a strategic HR business partner
- – Ideally you would have experience of working within a large corporate or financial services institution
- – Experience of providing a consultancy service; supporting the development and delivery of people plans with experience of working in a regulatory environment and alongside Centres of Excellence
- – Excellent problem-solving skills
- – Strong influencing skills with the ability to challenge and negotiate with senior leaders
- – HR generalist experience with a thorough knowledge of employment law and current legislation
- – Ability to demonstrate commercial acumen, think and plan strategically whilst aligning actions to business strategies and delivering substantial benefits
- – Strong communication skills with the ability to partner key stakeholders, build strong relationships at all levels and work collaboratively
- – Strong planning and organisational skills, including evidence of managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives and projects
- – Ideally CIPD qualified or studying towards this
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to a Senior Business Partner, you’ll be supporting the development and delivery of a strategic partnering service across all Communities which includes the formation of a Society-wide Community people strategy:-
- – Supporting with the identification of business strategies with significant people implications ensuring this is factored into a capability assessment as part of the planning phase
- – Supporting the people related responses related to business strategies and objectives
- – Provide coaching to community teams on PRIDE values and target culture to help embed these and foster positive relationships amongst the teams
- – Working as part of the HR Business Partnering team to support with the building of people capability across Communities within the society by overseeing team identifying gaps and development requirements and coordinating talent management and succession planning processes