Working alongside a very well known local charity, we have an exciting opportunity for an store manager to join their Retail Shop in Marlborough.
As the store manager you will be required to achieve, and where possible, exceed agreed sales targets to maximise income generation. You will be supported by volunteers in the staffing of the shop and be responsible for all aspects of recruitment, training, management and development of the shop volunteers.
Another crucial aspect will be to be responsible for the security of the shop premises, the stock held and accountable for the takings and complying with the prescribed banking procedures.
Responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- Ensuring compliance with Trading Standards and Health and Safety legislation, maintaining a safe environment for customers and volunteers.
- Effectively managing and displaying stock in order to maximise footfall and sales.
- Ensure adequate volunteer cover is in place during opening hours, managing a rota arrangement across all volunteers.
- Regularly liaise with the Area Manager on sales, stock levels and promotional ideas.
- As a member of the Shop Management Team, contribute to the development of ideas for new promotions and other improvements to presentation and retail practice.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation relating to cash handling is processed and that all discrepancies are investigated and documented.
- Undertake daily till and safe reconciliation and banking.
- Attend all training courses and meetings as directed by the Area Manager/Head of Retail, relaying relevant information to all shop volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers and provide induction and on the job training of all volunteers to the proficient level.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- An understanding of the Retail and Charity/Volunteer based sectors.
- Knowledge of the Trading Standards requirements in relation to the sale of goods and consumer rights.
- Hold, or be prepared to achieve, a current qualification or certificate in First Aid.
- Awareness of and compliance with the Health and Safety act legislation and requirements.
- Proven line management experience, ideally gained within the Retail or Voluntary sectors.
- Experience of effective stock control management and product display design.
- Accurate cash management skills and effective shop security knowledge.
- Good interpersonal skills, including customer service and relationship management.
- Effective time management and organisation/planning skills in order to prioritise a varied workload in a busy environment.
- Excellent “team player” in order to provide support to volunteers and colleagues.
- Ability to create an excellent front of house impression for our customers.
- Acts as a positive ambassador for the Hospice.
- A team player, experienced in delivering accurate work on a timely basis in order to ensure team success.
- Has a flexible attitude with a desire to ensure that we provide an excellent service and plays a key part in that delivery.